"As a Reform Rabbi, I have evaluated my own dietary observance and while I do not propose that I keep kosher, I do believe that Jewish dietary law is about our relationship with God and that God must be part of the process of our food getting to our tables. Check out my Yom Kippur sermon from two years ago on the topic: http://www.templeisrael.com/saks_yk_2006.html"
- Rabbi Jared H. Saks (USA)
[Comment from the BAS article Making Sense of Kosher Laws]
Rabbi Saks comment about the dietary laws being about one's relationship to God struck me as very interesting. I like the connection that "God must be part of the process" in all aspects of getting, preparing, and eating of our food.
Please note:
This is a journey for me. There are posts that talk about where I have been. Where I may or may not still be. And generally random thoughts, questions, and revelations that I have.
Much of what I post here is extracted from emails. Some from my personal journal or my "thought books."
Any respectful comments, remarks, questions are welcome and encouraged. Inappropriate remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
Thank you and enjoy the journey. : ]
November 26, 2008

No comments:
Post a Comment