Please note:

This is a journey for me. There are posts that talk about where I have been. Where I may or may not still be. And generally random thoughts, questions, and revelations that I have.

Much of what I post here is extracted from emails. Some from my personal journal or my "thought books."

Any respectful comments, remarks, questions are welcome and encouraged. Inappropriate remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Thank you and enjoy the journey. : ]

November 26, 2008

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Christian"

I think (in my own little generational world) that "Jesus" is similar, but gives a different thought. Within my generation, there are a lot of [real] Christians who also don't like Churchy-Christianity. But they tend to be the Jesus People. They are (perhaps) less the hypocritical type, but are the ones that people avoid on the sidewalk because they project this always-happy-and-you-should-be-too image. The ones who want to stop and talk to you for 20 minutes just to see how your doing (when your on your way to class), because that's what they think Jesus would do. That's all find and nice, I suppose, but I'm not one of those either.
It's like "Christianity" is the hypocritical, "you're going to burn in the flames of hell!" - negative Christianity kind of people. And "I follow Jesus" is the "becuase of Jesus, my life is perfect," "are you ready to accept him as your personal saviour, yet...yet?...yet??" - positive side of Christianity kind of people.
Maybe I seem a little extreme, I am just trying to put into words some of my thoughts. And I guess the Jesus People are closer, but (at least in my generation, and on a college campus) they also have a specific "image" that they project to a lot of people.
I am just a person - like the rest of the world. I don't claim any special status. I believe something very real to me and if someone else is interested in the way I live my life, we can talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment