Thoughts.
Many people think they can understand something like religion from within a vacuum consisting of only what they believe.
Isn't that like taking something completely out of context and basing it's truth simply on the single statement itself?
Not to cause confusion, I firmly believe that Jesus/Yeshua is the messiah to the Jewish nation and the other nations/goyim/gentiles are able to be grafted in. etc., etc., etc.
BUT 'Modern Christianity' that claims that it is true simply "because it is true" strikes me as a logical fallacy (see "begging the question").
I know, I know, people say just have faith. I don't buy it though. Yes, have faith. But not as a founding reason to believe.
Thoughts?
Please note:
This is a journey for me. There are posts that talk about where I have been. Where I may or may not still be. And generally random thoughts, questions, and revelations that I have.
Much of what I post here is extracted from emails. Some from my personal journal or my "thought books."
Any respectful comments, remarks, questions are welcome and encouraged. Inappropriate remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
Thank you and enjoy the journey. : ]
November 26, 2008

No comments:
Post a Comment